Antworten

Topic author
Fred55
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Restore Siemens T1000 Question

Beitrag: # 38460Beitrag Fred55 »

I am starting to restore a Tiemens T1000. Very dirty. I have cleaned the power supply and will now start on the other boards and the mechanical portion. I will start it with a variac. Should I replace the electrolytic caps in the power supply first ? I will be expensie - there are a lot of them. After I clean all the mechanical parts, is there a document to explain what oil or lubricant to use, and which parts need lubrication ? Is there a manual on how to maintain it and a lubrication schedule ?

Thanks, Fred Weksberg
VE3WN Toronto
Zuletzt geändert von M1ECY am Di 18. Jul 2023, 19:33, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Typo in title

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Re: Restore Siemens T1000 Question

Beitrag: # 38478Beitrag M1ECY »

Hi Fred,

Please, no variac - this is a sure fire way of causing premature failure of the power supply.

First and most important thing to do is replace all of the 10uf capacitors on the motherboard, line card,and STT card (sits in front of the line card)

Then replace the 4.7uf capacitors and 10uf capacitors on the printer driver board.

Regarding the PSU - certainly the large "Rabbit Ears" capacitors should be suspect fitted inside the black plastic extensions of the PSU - I have also found the bridge rectifiers in the power supply can fail with exciting results.

Once these parts are replaced it should be safe to power the machine up with the full goodness of the mains.

The output capacitors of the PSU may need replacement, especially if the consumed power is higher than the machine rating plate.

With regards lubrication, some light oiling of the printer mechanism will help,as will some attention to the tape punch.

There is documentation within the forum, which after some more activity from you will be opened up - a lot of members have spent many years and large sums of cash collecting,scanning and converting documents - we need to see a level of commitment to the aims of the forum before this access is granted (We do have the single largest reference collection of Telex documentation anywhere on the WWW).

In the meantime, we can assist with help to specific questions, and perhaps some small excerpts of documentation to clarify specific areas - there is however no lubrication chart for the T1000, being an electronic machine, generally there are no planned lubrication points to my knowledge, just advisable areas based on member experience.

Hope this helps
Sean
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC
Antworten

Zurück zu „Machine Restoration“