Antworten

Topic author
PaulHeller
Rank 2
Rank 2
Hauptanschluß:

Help with Lo15C - Fernschaltgerät and Motor speed

Beitrag: # 19025Beitrag PaulHeller »

My Lo15C is working well in local mode. All functions are working. I am having trouble connecting it to i-Telex.

1. Pressing AT on the Fernschaltgerät does not do anything. No light, no relays or clicks. The light bulb tests out OK, not open circuit. I am wondering if I have it things wired incorrectly for telex. There are four wires for the line current: while, yellow, brown and green. It is my understanding that brown and green should be jumped together and that white and yellow connect to the TW39. Is white positive or is yellow positive? I have tried both with no success. What am I doing wrong?

2. I need to set the motor speed. I have a 125Hz tuning fork. I've never used a tuning fork before. It is my understanding that I strike the fork and look through the slot and adjust the motor speed so that the white and black pattern is not moving. I have tried this, but I never see the pattern. I only see a solid white ring. Perhaps I am simply passing the point where the motor speed is correct.. My eyes are not the best. The slot in the turning fork is aligned when still and the fork rings nicely. Here is what I am doing: 1) I turn on the light next to the motor; 2) I strike the fork and hold it about 4 cm from my eye and look through the slit at the wheel on the motor; 3) I speed up or slow down the motor looking for a still patten.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Paul
Paul - W2TTY
Austria: 39286 drwal a : Siemens T100S
US: 80003 w2tty : Teletype Model 32
US: 468466 expt d : Lorenz 15C

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Re: Help with Lo15C - Fernschaltgerät and Motor speed

Beitrag: # 19027Beitrag M1ECY »

Hi Paul.

Regarding speed setting.

I rather suspect that your motor is rated for 50Hz (well assuming it is an AC motor) so running it at 60Hz is going to mean that it is quite fast - probably okay for local copy, but perhaps a bit too quick otherwise?

Also, if the light you are using is run from 60Hz the flicker caused by the zero point crossing will also be quicker. Perhaps try to use a lamp that is powered by DC?

Alternatively, there is a clever little design on the forum here for an Arduino Nano driving an LED flashlight - this makes a nice stroboscopic timing lamp that is almost certainly easier to use than the tuning fork.

Just some ideas that may or may not be relevant.

Cheers
Sean
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor M1ECY für den Beitrag:
PaulHeller
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC

DF3OE
Founder
Founder
Hauptanschluß: 925302 treu d

Beitrag: # 19031Beitrag DF3OE »

Paul,
there could be still wiring problems or a faulty control unit (Fernschaltgerät).
The cables FROM the machine itself have to be plugged into the two sockets (telegraph + mains)
at the back side of the control unit.
The control unit cables are going to the house mains and to the central exchange connection (in our case
to the i-Telex unit).
Connect it to the certain TW39 port of your i-Telex unit you want to use.
In normal operation the machine should be off (not running), if polarity is wrong it should start
and runs continously. Then swap the two wires at the i-Telex unit.
Press the little button at the certain TW39 port. Now the machine should start with the configuration
procedure.
If not, something is wrong... :lol:

Anyway, it would be also helpful if you could add photos here in the forum. It is easy to upload and add them.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor DF3OE für den Beitrag:
PaulHeller
mfg
henning +++

925302 treu d - T1000Z (Hauptanschluss)
55571 fvler a - T100S
210911za hmb d - T150 (Werkstatt)
218308 test d - T1000S/LS (Werkstatt)
925333 =treu d (Minitelex Sanyo SF100) defekt
Fax G2/G3: 05176-9754481 (Sanyo SF100 Thermofax) defekt

Topic author
PaulHeller
Rank 2
Rank 2
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 19046Beitrag PaulHeller »

Thanks Sean. I will look for that circuit and build it. I printed off a full one onto tape using my model 32 and it took 9.4 seconds to read back on the model 32. I used this as a guid to get close on the Lo15c and then was able to faintly (very faintly) see the timing marks and I adjusted things from there as best I could. I don't know if the illumination lamp next to the motor in the Lo15c is AC or DC. Using a DC lamp this morning was not better.

I will look for that Arduino based strobe as that sounds easy to use!

Thank you, Henning. I'm going to assume for the moment that the call control unit is faulty. I did see the yellow LED on the TW39 port light up solid, so something was happening. But I did not make much progress from there and pressing the button on the TW39 port did not do anything.

But now something is nagging in my mind....I will try another TW39 port to see if that port is the problem (doubtful, but you never know).

Yes, I will take some photos. The wiring is according to a diagram that Heinz gave to Jeff (both are people that you know, Henning).

Paul
Paul - W2TTY

Topic author
PaulHeller
Rank 2
Rank 2
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 19054Beitrag PaulHeller »

I'm sorry to report no luck with the i-Telex hookup. The yellow LED on the TW-39 module light, then after a movement the red one also lights.

In the cabinet of the Lo15C is a panel.
IMG_1493.jpeg
Behind that panel is the terminal strip.
IMG_1494.jpeg
Terminals 5,6,7,8 are the cable that goes outside the cabinet. Terminals 1,2,3,4 go to the control unit (Fernschaltgerät).

I had to replace the top left connector on this panel as seen in the first photo. I was very careful to keep the wiring the same as the damaged connector was still there. There are five connection points on this connector, labeled b, w2, c, a, a1. Brown goes to b; yellow goes to 22; b and w2 are bridged with a solid wire; green goes to c, white goes to a; c and a1 are connected with a resistor.

With everything unplugged, but the connectors still wired to the with terminals, I have measured all resistances between each terminal on the termal strip for terminals 1 thorough 8. Most, but not all, are open circuits. Terminal 1 to 4 has 205ohms; 5 to 8 has 17K ohms and 6 to 7 has 0 ohms (dead short).

Do these values look reasonable?

Here are diagrams I got from Jeff Angus but is originally from Heinz I believe, of how I am making the connections.
connector plate back side.JPG
Connector plate.JPG
Paul
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Paul - W2TTY

Topic author
PaulHeller
Rank 2
Rank 2
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 19055Beitrag PaulHeller »

One further document attached, as well as a thought....

The document attached is my hand drawing of the connections and also the back of the connector I mentioned in my previous post.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Paul - W2TTY

Topic author
PaulHeller
Rank 2
Rank 2
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 19062Beitrag PaulHeller »

I am happy to report that Lo15C, 468466 expt d, is working. It is not yet in the directory, that will happen soon. I look forward to my first telex with it.
IMG_6263.JPG
Thanks to Henning to get the wiring correct. It was simply a miscommunication on my part.

Paul
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor PaulHeller für den Beitrag (Insgesamt 2):
DF3OEdetlef
Paul - W2TTY
Antworten

Zurück zu „Lo15 und früher“