EdwardG
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß: 59402 edward nl
My machines

Beitrag: # 9721Beitrag EdwardG »

Ok, here is my little collection.

Machine 1 : Teletype model 33 ASR
Got this machine somewere late '90 from Belgium, it is pretty complete with stand, chad box, copy holder and dust cover.
It needed some cleaning and lubrication at that time, nowadays just a bit of light machine oil on the usual spots.
This machine is connected to my PDP-11 using a current loop to RS-232 converter.

Machine 2 : Siemens T100 in grey plastic housing (late '50's - early 60's?).
Got this machine midd September 2018 and has currently a stuck keyboard. May need a little repair, or just some proper
lubrication in the lower section of the machine.

Machine 3 : Siemens T68f in grey-ish coating.
Got this machine today and is very clean inside, as if it has not been used a lot (judging the internal counter).
This machine either prints text only or does both, depending on moving a litte lever under the little cover.
It kame with a (sort of) FSG, just 2 switches and 3 buttons, nothing else. The plugs are probably an older
style, they are round ones, with round pins, and one is both longer and a little thicker than the other pins.
Teletype model 32 & 33 ASR, model 35 KSR, Siemens T68f
Soon : 59402 edward nl

Topic author
EdwardG
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß: 59402 edward nl
Re: My machines

Beitrag: # 9968Beitrag EdwardG »

New addition : Teletype model 35 KSR

Since a few days I have a really beautiful model 35 at home.
The machine is ex-navy and probably from old stock, as the hour counter only shows a usage of less than 14 hours.
Nice oddity, below the keyboard is some space and I notices some odd piece there, it turned out to be a section
of paper with test output (bunch of letters and numbers) plus a date of efebruary 2001, meaning that this uni was
last tested on that date.
The machine itself is from August 1977 and did not come with a pedestal, so I'm going to add some rubber feet under it
in order to prevent damage to the surface.

There are some pictures of course :
rsz_model35_1.jpg
rsz_model35_2.jpg
rsz_model35_3.jpg
rsz_model35_4.jpg
rsz_model35_5.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Teletype model 32 & 33 ASR, model 35 KSR, Siemens T68f
Soon : 59402 edward nl
Antworten

Zurück zu „General Discussion“