Topic author
Fred55
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

T1000 hookup to a demodulator

Beitrag: # 41643Beitrag Fred55 »

I have almost finished restoring my T1000Z - took me 4 months
I took it completely apart(not the printer). I changed all the electrolytics and tantalum caps, except for the 2 large electrolytic caps in the power supply sitting in those black plastic cylinders.
I have it working on local loop, but it is doing strange things.
If I try to type on the keyboard and punch a tape, it works for anywhere from 2 characters to half a line, but then it stops punching and go into a hold mode. I then have to press the "I" button to activate the keyboard again.
How can I prevent this from happening ?

Next problem - how do I connect it to a demodulator ? There was a sticker on the case that said 60vdc and 40 mA.
Is there a power supply inside that has this voltage ? There must be something, because it works on local mode.
There is a cable that comes out and it has multiple colored wires. The 1/4" plug was ripped off accidentally,
so I don't know how to hook it up to a demodulator. Do I need a separate power supply for this ? Or does it work by polar relays ?
I have no idea how to connect this to my dovetron terminal unit, or my HAL ST-6000

Need help please !
I have worked so hard on this unit to get it to this point. It would be shame if I could not get it to work for my amateur radio station
Thanks, Fred
VE3WN / VE3PIE
Antworten

Zurück zu „Machine Restoration“