Antworten

Topic author
PaulHeller
Rank 2
Rank 2
Hauptanschluß:

Remote locking

Beitrag: # 19451Beitrag PaulHeller »

I like the lock feature but I think it is not working in the manner that I am attempting to use it.

I have three ports set up. Port 31 is the main port for my station. Calls to 80003, which is my teletype model 32, normally go to port 31. Port 33 is my Lorenz 15c. Port 34 is the serial port.

I am away from home. I did not want the teletypes pulling current while I am away, so I unplugged them from the I-Telex ports, pressed the lock button for ports 31 and 33 and headed out of the house. I set up forwarding order so when locked they would call 34, which is my serial port. I also set up the main 80003 number to call 34 instead of 31. This way I can check message when I am away! It is a very nice feature.
Some of it working. But there are problems:

1. One user tried calling me and reported that he is getting “OCC Occupied”. I will find out what number he tries calling. Also I do not know this message, so I have asked for more information.

2. I believe, but can not confirm, that if a user calls a port and the machine connect to that port is powered off and not locked, it will not forward to another port but gives a “Subscriber Not Available“ message.

3. If the power to the I-Telex system is lost and later restored, any ports that were locked are unlocked

It would be nice to be able to have the ports remember their locked state on a power cycle reset, or be able to lock them again remotely using the Ethernet configuration screens.

And also it would be nice to ensure that if port is locked, the lock should work even if nothing is actually connected electrically to the port so that the forwarding will always work.

Or perhaps there is a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do, which is to have all incoming calls to all ports forwarded to port 34.

Thank you.
Paul - W2TTY
Austria: 39286 drwal a : Siemens T100S
US: 80003 w2tty : Teletype Model 32
US: 468466 expt d : Lorenz 15C

FredSonnenrein
Founder
Founder
Hauptanschluß: 8579924 hawe d

Re: Remote locking

Beitrag: # 19456Beitrag FredSonnenrein »

Hi Paul,

Maybe some of the following remarks will help...
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 I have three ports set up. Port 31 is the main port for my station. Calls to 80003, which is my teletype model 32, normally go to port 31. Port 33 is my Lorenz 15c. Port 34 is the serial port.

I am away from home. I did not want the teletypes pulling current while I am away, so I unplugged them from the I-Telex ports, pressed the lock button for ports 31 and 33 and headed out of the house. I set up forwarding order so when locked they would call 34, which is my serial port. I also set up the main 80003 number to call 34 instead of 31. This way I can check message when I am away! It is a very nice feature.
How did you archieve the change from 31 to 34 at your side?
If you have changed the "Internal call number of primary teleprinter for incoming calls:" it's fine.
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 Some of it working. But there are problems:

1. One user tried calling me and reported that he is getting “OCC Occupied”. I will find out what number he tries calling. Also I do not know this message, so I have asked for more information.
The caller gets this message if the caller has made the appropriate settings. What do you get if you call your own number?
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 2. I believe, but can not confirm, that if a user calls a port and the machine connect to that port is powered off and not locked, it will not forward to another port but gives a “Subscriber Not Available“ message.
He will get a "DER" message which means "derailed". From that time on the corresponding port is automatically locked.
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 3. If the power to the I-Telex system is lost and later restored, any ports that were locked are unlocked.
That's true and an pemanent memory of this lock won't be easy to implement.
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 It would be nice to be able to have the ports remember their locked state on a power cycle reset, or be able to lock them again remotely using the Ethernet configuration screens.
Also "remote locking" won't be easy, but there is a better way to implement this.
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 And also it would be nice to ensure that if port is locked, the lock should work even if nothing is actually connected electrically to the port so that the forwarding will always work.
This should work right now.
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 Or perhaps there is a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do, which is to have all incoming calls to all ports forwarded to port 34.
Yes there is:
You can use the "Secondary call numbers list (separate by comma):". Normally this is set to 31,33,34,-,-,-,-
We would change the entry in the subscribers list for your number 468466 from 33 to 2.
The 2 will be treated as an index, and because the second number in your list is still 33 the calls to 468466 will be directed to port 33.

When you are away from home you may change the "Secondary call numbers list (separate by comma):" to 34,34,34,-,-,-,-,- and also the "Internal call number of primary teleprinter for incoming calls:" to 34.

Then, any call will be handled by your serial port.

How do you think about this?

Fred
Grüße,
Fred Sonnenrein, Braunschweig
i-Telex 952741 (Lo133), 8579924 (T100s), 781272 (T100), 792911 (T68d) oder 531072 (T.typ.72)
Bei besetzt oder gestört bitte 531002 versuchen.

Topic author
PaulHeller
Rank 2
Rank 2
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 19469Beitrag PaulHeller »

HI Fred,

Thanks for writing.
FredSonnenrein hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 14:36 How did you archieve the change from 31 to 34 at your side?
If you have changed the "Internal call number of primary teleprinter for incoming calls:" it's fine.
Yes, that is what I did
FredSonnenrein hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 14:36
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 Some of it working. But there are problems:

The caller gets this message if the caller has made the appropriate settings. What do you get if you call your own number?
I don’t know. I never thought I could actually call my own number. I’ll have to try that when I can.
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 2. I believe, but can not confirm, that if a user calls a port and the machine connect to that port is powered off and not locked, it will not forward to another port but gives a “Subscriber Not Available“ message.
He will get a "DER" message which means "derailed". From that time on the corresponding port is automatically locked.
That is perfect - automatically locking the port.
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 And also it would be nice to ensure that if port is locked, the lock should work even if nothing is actually connected electrically to the port so that the forwarding will always work.
This should work right now.
OK! Then nothing to worry about for that.
PaulHeller hat geschrieben: Fr 10. Jul 2020, 12:52 Or perhaps there is a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do, which is to have all incoming calls to all ports forwarded to port 34.
Yes there is:
You can use the "Secondary call numbers list (separate by comma):". Normally this is set to 31,33,34,-,-,-,-
We would change the entry in the subscribers list for your number 468466 from 33 to 2.
The 2 will be treated as an index, and because the second number in your list is still 33 the calls to 468466 will be directed to port 33.

When you are away from home you may change the "Secondary call numbers list (separate by comma):" to 34,34,34,-,-,-,-,- and also the "Internal call number of primary teleprinter for incoming calls:" to 34.

Then, any call will be handled by your serial port.

How do you think about this?
This sounds very easy on my end and would work just fine. Let’s try it. I will make the change to the secondary call numbers list to 34,34,34,-,-,-,-,- The primary teleprinter is already set to 34.

Then when I am back in the United States can reset it back to 31,33,34,-,-,-,-,- And set the primary to 31

I understand that you or Henning need to change the entry in the subscribers list to 2. When both are complete, I can ask someone to test both incoming call numbers to see if they redirect.

I’m becoming a big I-Telex fan.

Paul
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor PaulHeller für den Beitrag:
FredSonnenrein
Paul - W2TTY

Topic author
PaulHeller
Rank 2
Rank 2
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 19533Beitrag PaulHeller »

I finally was able to have someone test my two numbers and I can report that both numbers were answered by the serial port “device”. This is working well. Thank you Fred. While it may be confusing to the callers, it has already enabled me to receive and answer messages from several people. We can make this as solved.
Paul - W2TTY
Antworten

Zurück zu „Entwickler-Ecke“